Deep Dive on Powerful Asthma Pearls for Practitioners

Are you confident in your knowledge of asthma, as seen through the functional medicine lens?

Although you may already be a savvy practitioner, I am certain you will learn something new in this video. You’ll walk away with pages of notes and practical pearls you can use in your practice right away.

• The #1 intolerance that triggers asthma:  are you confident in how to address it?
  • Medications are often prescribed as a first line therapy for asthma, but at what cost long-term?
  • Learn power rapid relief tools that can buy you time to uncover each patient’s unique root causes.
  • The Gut Strikes Again – The 3 most common dynamics that begin in the GI tract and promote asthma.  Over and over again!
  • The surprising hormone imbalances that are often at play in asthma too!
  • An everyday nemesis that is so toxic, it can trigger asthma all on its own. Are you looking for it?
  • The biggest functional practitioner misstep that actually worsens asthma.  Are you making it too?

* We normally offer a variety of course formats to support diverse learning styles. You can find this Transcript here.

Please share your thoughts (please be thorough) in the “Ask a Question” area below about what inspired you in this presentation! Include what type of practitioner you are, so that we can all see your unique perspective.

* No need to enter a comment more than once. Comments will not be published instantly; they will first be checked by the moderators before appearing below.

Here is the first video recording from the Facebook Live (before we ran into technical difficulties):

Here is the second video recording, where we wrap up the presentation:

130 Questions for “Deep Dive on Powerful Asthma Pearls for Practitioners”

Therese Caraway says:

Thank you so much for such an inspiring webinar. I am a Chiropractor who has been practicing for 29 years. I personally have been to several Functional Medicine docs who charged a bundle and loaded me up with $1000’s of supplements. Just as Tracy mentioned…exchanging drugs for expensive tests and supplements. I have always believed in the Functional Medicine model but had difficulties with the inconsistencies and expense. I was really moved today by Tracy’s expression of the importance and value of the presence of the the practitioner. To really be there and deeply listen. Creating a bond together to find a solution. So validating to hear…and even more grateful that I am enrolled in such a quality school! Thanks again ❤🤙😊

JACQUELINE ONOZ says:

Tracy, I appreciate so much how much you emphasize the importance of letting your client tell you what they think is going on and allowing them to verbalize their concerns and own insights.
    I also appreciate how showing empathy is such a big part of healing and creating a healing environment, one that is better aligned for lasting improvements. We aim to help clients heal from dis-ease but we must include an understanding of trauma and self love. I truly believe that one can not be found without the other. This is how we can empower clients to make changes. As a retail pharmacist, I see hundreds of patients just filling medications without understanding why they were prescribed and big percentage of those prescribed to fill a void/numb emotions/pain only to create cycles of further dis-ease.

Sharon Walt says:

Thank you Tracy! Great reminder about the importance of utilizing the placebo effect. I sometimes find it difficult to overcome my original scientific training of trying to see all sides of a problem and innate skepticism and focus on my role as a health coach where confidence and enthusiasm about a proposed strategy is more important to my client. Although my science training is key to developing the strategies, it’s how I present it to my client that’s key to how well it works.

CAROLINA CILIBERTO says:

I have a 40 year old female client who has been experiencing exercise induced asthma for almost a year. It is uncomfortable for her during the activity but doesn’t prevent her from doing it so. She is in a quite healthy state and eats generally healthy. She struggles with respiratory allergies, itchy eyes, itchy throat, constantly taking antihistamines for that. She has never suffered from asthma, not even in childhood. She feels like the cold weather during exercise enhances it. I am suspecting food sensitivities as a root cause but I am curious if there are other root causes of exercise induced asthma that I should consider exploring…thanks for your help.

Alas, we can’t address detailed client case questions in these threads, however, we need to keep in mind that asthma can have a variety of triggers and one needs to get to the root cause of what it is for this particular client. Since you mention struggles with allergies, this alone is an indication that there can be a cluster of underlying factors that have created the flawed, weak but over-reactive immune system, and, thus, asthma, in this case, is likely extrapolation of the existing allergies. As Tracy goes into the detail in the deep dive clinical course, toxicity is a common, simmering root cause behind the scenes of such dysregulated immune system presentation. Other root causes may include dysregulated nervous system balance (think stress) and nutrient imbalances. As a reminder, we always try to think broader about the drivers of the dynamic instead of getting hung up on one trigger of a specific situation. Your client is so lucky to be working with you!

Bela says:

Can using something for hypochlorydia help? Apple cider vinegar?

Varsha Pherwani says:

It was a eye Opener to understand the correlation between GUT and asthma

Maryam says: