Deep Dive on True Root Causes of Arthritis for Practitioners

I am so excited to share this Facebook Live and THESE POWERFUL PEARLS of functional medicine with you. At SAFM we honor that scientific knowledge is always evolving. That’s why we regularly revise our content in light of new research findings.

This information is CRITICAL for ALL practitioner modalities.

Are you confident in your root cause of arthritis knowledge?

Although you may already be a savvy practitioner, I am certain you will learn something new in this video. You’ll walk away with pages of notes and practical pearls you can use in your practice right away.

• Why Arthritis may be The most powerful wake-up call on dis-ease in the gut (yep – the gut strikes again)
  • Surprising healthy foods that may actually make arthritis worse (yes!)
  • There are dozens of types of Arthritis (osteo, rheumatoid, gout), but what do they All have in common?
  • Why many common conventional treatments for arthritis actually worsen the disease process (and set the stage for other diagnoses too!)
  • The most popular supplement that can actually promote arthritis over time (a good thing in the wrong place)
  • Arthritis solutions that work and actually address the Root Causes
  • And what in the world do hormones have to do with joint health? (you’ll be surprised!)

Click here in case you missed the first few minutes before tech hiccup

87 Questions for “Deep Dive on True Root Causes of Arthritis for Practitioners”

navigate comments1 2 3 5
    Natalie Maibenko says:

When there is an injury in the body, body’s natural response is to attract the plaque. The body uses calcium to stabilize the injury, it uses it as a concrete, creating a plaque.

Megan says:

I love that Tracy emphasized that nothing in the body is inherently bad. So many things are often demonized in the health/wellness world (cortisol, estrogen, stress, etc.). We just need everything in the right balance! I thought it was interesting to learn that uric acid is an anti-oxidant. A certain level of uric acid is not bad but rather it’s when we have excess (which the body is creating to try and help us) that problems like gout occur.

Gosia says:

Thank you for this fascinating lecture, full of pearls! I found it very interesting that an overburdened (by fructose for example) liver turns to an increased uric acid production as an antioxidant protection. This in turn may result in higher risk of gout. Thank you for bringing our attention to this connection.

Isabel Otero says:

I found the information about gut health and calcium, especially the overuse of calcium supplements among women, very interesting and compelling. Definitely new information to me. I enjoyed all the content, but especially information about supplements and their harm and benefits as well as herbal options to treat disease. This type of information is hard to find on-line, especially if one is looking for credible sources.

Beth Haines says:

I learned that cortisol is actually a good thing! All you do read about how cortisol is bad, but now it makes sense (knee injections, duh!). Also, just have to mention the calcium part. Wow, conventional doctors are SO misinformed! They just recommend large doses without the proper knowledge. So sad. I’ve had kidney stones many times, and am diligently working to NOT get anymore. Thank you!!!! Just love your contribution to helping society!

Danielle says:

Type 2 denatured collagen supplementation and autoimmune response.

Mary Moskowitz says:

Would like to research more information on using undenatured type 2 collagen as a supplement to effect immune response in arthritis- really interesting! Thank you for the wonderful pearls!

Daniela Lazzari says:

Excessive levels of fructose in the body can lead to fatty liver which can promote high production of uric acid which can lead to gout.

Gail Altschuler, MD says:

I appreciate again being reminded of the beneficial effects of cortisone as anti-inflammatory and balance between observant and hypervigilant. Thanks.

Angie Smith says:

“EDUCATION! INSPIRATION! EMPOWERMENT!”

Very informative facebook presentation! Love the connection with zinc levels as a way to see what is happening by checking AlK phos in lab work. Also The tip that high amounts of turmeric can actually cause kidney stones due to high oxalates, use Meriva:) Broccoli seed extract for sulforaphane. Thanks for all that you do!! Would love to be entered in the drawing.

Susan Payne says:

simplysusan1@hotmail.com
    I needed to hear the reminder about how a missing gall bladder can affect arthritis.

Heather says:

What a fascinating pearl that undenatured type II collagen helps to quell the reaction to an individuals own cartilage. Love this and will be looking further into it. Thanks!

Debra Spruill Mowatt says:

Thank you for this Deep Dive. I took away so many pearls

1- The remedies for pain- not NSAIDs- which can help
    2- The effects of nightshades and sugar on increasing arthritis
    3- The importance of good gut health.

I was interested in this topic as I am an Integrative Health Coach and a sufferer of arthritis.

JENNIFER MAYES says:

GREAT information on cortisol! Had never heard nor read anything but how cortisol was bad, but what Tracy said made SUCH sense! Also love the info on remedies, particularly boswelia and curcumin (NOT turmeric!)

Margaret Reinold says:

Hello!

I love your FB “mini-classes”! I was extremely interested to hear that Cortisol was “good”! I’ve always read that Cortisol is what causes “belly fat” for those of us 40+. And Tracy talked about how it helps calm inflammation. Awesome to learn and would love to hear more about Cortisol. Thanks! Margaret Reinold

Quentin Caswell says:

Best clinical pearl I learned as I was sitting here drinking my soda and stretching my back due to stiffness and aching, was the negative effects of sugar on chronic inflammation and arthritis. Thank you again Tracy for all you do.

Lori Lamb says:

Loved this whirlwind into arthritis and your pearls on lippopolysaccarides depleting iron and causing intestinal permeability!

Ali says:

I enjoyed everything in the arthritis talk but in particular the red flags on serum labs.

Marsha says:

Love the tip on suppoting the adrienals. Very wise advice!

navigate comments1 2 3 5