Deep Dive on True Root Causes of Arthritis for Practitioners

I am so excited to share this Facebook Live and THESE POWERFUL PEARLS of functional medicine with you. At SAFM we honor that scientific knowledge is always evolving. That’s why we regularly revise our content in light of new research findings.

This information is CRITICAL for ALL practitioner modalities.

Are you confident in your root cause of arthritis knowledge?

Although you may already be a savvy practitioner, I am certain you will learn something new in this video. You’ll walk away with pages of notes and practical pearls you can use in your practice right away.

• Why Arthritis may be The most powerful wake-up call on dis-ease in the gut (yep – the gut strikes again)
  • Surprising healthy foods that may actually make arthritis worse (yes!)
  • There are dozens of types of Arthritis (osteo, rheumatoid, gout), but what do they All have in common?
  • Why many common conventional treatments for arthritis actually worsen the disease process (and set the stage for other diagnoses too!)
  • The most popular supplement that can actually promote arthritis over time (a good thing in the wrong place)
  • Arthritis solutions that work and actually address the Root Causes
  • And what in the world do hormones have to do with joint health? (you’ll be surprised!)

Click here in case you missed the first few minutes before tech hiccup

87 Questions for “Deep Dive on True Root Causes of Arthritis for Practitioners”

navigate comments 1 2 3 4 5
    Janise Piap says:

I learned today the importance of keeping the gallbladder from being removed through surgery. It now makes sense to me what is happening to my aunt now. She had her all bladder removed a few years ago. She lives in asia and gallbladder removal is a quite common practice there. In the last year she has developed GI issues, arthritis and kidney stones. She is also underweight probable because of malnutrition due to her gut permeability. The removal of there gall bladder has totally sent her health into a downward spiral. With no gallbadder, she is unable to produce bile to help digest the foods/fats she is eating. The undigested fats is then combined with the minerals in her diet and they become loose in her systemic body which created oxalates and turns into kidney stones. It all really makes sense to me now, I can see the interconnectedness of her health issues due to a missing gallbladder. I can’t wait to tell her about this. Thank you Tracy for explaining this so clearly! You are truly God send!

Sara says:

One of the biggest connections I gleaned was that Oral contraceptives and SSRIs causing increased intestinal permeability, especially in conjunction with NSAIDS, leading to arthritis.

Mary Signorelli says:

Where to start? Today was fantastic! Arthritis like other chronic disease is not an isolated problem but the downstream result of other dysfunction. The reminder that cortisol is an anti inflammatory response and the importance of sleep and rest.
    The discussion of oxalates and oxalic acid gave me a lot to think about.
    Thanks Tracy- I really look forward to these monthly webinars.

Derya Atterberry says:

It was interesting to learn that people without gallbladder are more prone to developing kidney stones and arthritis. It is one good interconnection that i can make with my clients.

Claudine Jones says:

Thank you, Tracy for a rich FB live on the true root causes of Arthritis. I loved the tip regarding using undenatured type 2 cartilage(chicken cartilage) for helping to treat rheumatoid arthritis. I immediately went and looked up the research on this and found it fascinating!

Jodi Coburn says:

I love how many pearls you share and it makes it so difficult to choose just one. Your knowledge and generosity blow me away in every single live you do!

Maria T says:

Simply the best!

Abd Bandar says:

Tracy, I just want to say THANK YOU for all your enthusiasm and this ongoing learning process!

Mariam Marafi says:

There are too many pearls to mention and it is hard to pick just one! Listening to the whole talk just shows our amazing inner interconnectedness!

Mary Jassim says:

It was interesting to discover that even low ALP is a problem! It could mean low Zinc. That was something very new to me! xx

Mo Husain says:

It is always a great reminder that none of our hormones are BAD GUYS, it is just that they need to be rebalanced in order to function well!

Maryam Mohammad says:

So much to learn and honestly I feel like my brain will break because I am trying to take on board so much! I loved the case study that was sent earlier today on the Q + A Treasure Chest. So much pearls so much amazing interconnectedness! I have already set up my personal pearls journal book on ONE NOTE:) I found it interesting about how not having a gallbladder has a role in arthritis; will have to read more about that!

Maeve O Driscoll says:

Learned so much from that, fascinating the connections in the body, starting out with the theme of arthritis and then connecting with IP, Lipopolysaccharides, the role of bile, kidney stones, Gout, NAFLD, Oestrogen, overuse/misuse of Calcium supplements. All told with such flare and understandable language, will be listening again for sure. Thank you so much.

Mireille Wagner says:

Woah that was rapid fire pearls coming at us! I’m glad I could stop and replay each part as it went super fast! I learnt that RLS also linked to chronic dysbiosis (I guess stemming from the simmering infection and subsequent sequestering of iron). I knew about nightshade but knowing that the proteins in these foods are similar to cartilage really cements that pearl! And that cholestectomy clients have higher likelihood of arthritis and kidney stones… Too many others to mention! Thank you Tracy!

Lisa Mair says:

Thank you Tracy! I love using these public courses to reinforce what I learned in the core semesters. I think to me it’s so fascinating how inflammatory molecules get trapped in the joints because there isnt as much circulation there, which is the start of inflamed joints/arthritis and how it goes way back to good old intestinal permeability.

Amanda Ruppel says:

It was also to interesting and good reminder to learn about Fe and Ferritin and how not to supplement just because Fe is low – how to look into other factors at play.

Amanda Ruppel says:

I loved this discussion on Arthritis as my Daughter has JRA – I also was intrigued by the interconnectedness or how the gut plays into all this – especially with kidney stones, gout, etc. and the bile – how it is all intertwines. Always an interesting learning experience with Tracy!

Vanessa Buckley says:

Thank you Tracy for another fascinating Facebook live! There are so many pearls that I need to watch it again, but I found it very interesting that those who have had their gallbladders removed have higher rates of arthritis and kidney stones.

Michelle Cardimen says:

Great course on Arthritis today. I loved the deeper dive into this topic and understanding the connections to arthritis and even osteoarthritis if not addressed can lead to other autoimmune issues like Rheumatoid Arthritis. I especially appreciated all the connections to kidney stones and elevated uric acid leading to Gout.

I love that with many of these conditions we can take a step back and offer a beginners mind that our gut health can still be at play with more complex issues and the food we eat, intestinal permeability , and lack of nutrient absorption can affect the immune automated response which affects the joints as well.

Mayada abu Aisheh toukan says:

Wow so much information for this important subject; interconnected ness is the case here and in so many body and health issues; amazing how everything is connected to one another in the human system; all pearls were very valuable; of course I need to give into this videos again; as Tracy says; repetition repetition ..and then taking notes.. thank u for all this important information.

navigate comments 1 2 3 4 5