Deep Dive on True Root Causes of Arthritis for Practitioners

I am so excited to share this Facebook Live and THESE POWERFUL PEARLS of functional medicine with you. At SAFM we honor that scientific knowledge is always evolving. That’s why we regularly revise our content in light of new research findings.

This information is CRITICAL for ALL practitioner modalities.

Are you confident in your root cause of arthritis knowledge?

Although you may already be a savvy practitioner, I am certain you will learn something new in this video. You’ll walk away with pages of notes and practical pearls you can use in your practice right away.

• Why Arthritis may be The most powerful wake-up call on dis-ease in the gut (yep – the gut strikes again)
  • Surprising healthy foods that may actually make arthritis worse (yes!)
  • There are dozens of types of Arthritis (osteo, rheumatoid, gout), but what do they All have in common?
  • Why many common conventional treatments for arthritis actually worsen the disease process (and set the stage for other diagnoses too!)
  • The most popular supplement that can actually promote arthritis over time (a good thing in the wrong place)
  • Arthritis solutions that work and actually address the Root Causes
  • And what in the world do hormones have to do with joint health? (you’ll be surprised!)

Click here in case you missed the first few minutes before tech hiccup

87 Questions for “Deep Dive on True Root Causes of Arthritis for Practitioners”

navigate comments 1 2 3 4 5
    Jodie says:

Thank you, so many pearls here. My favorite is the reenforcement of the need to check ferritin, learning if it is low or if it is high and linking that to potential infection in the body.

Lori says:

Loved the pearl about ferritin and iron!

Ana says:

Amazing connections, thank you for jumping around it make lot of sense. All invaluable pearls and great explanation.

Roxana says:

Dear Tracy,
    You are a wonderful profesor. I enjoyed tour class and learned a lot.
    I found that the link between the lost gallbladder and arthritis fascinating.
    Lack of good bile is key. Thank you
    Roxana

Shirley says:

So much useful information. Particularly was the link between cortisol and arthritis. Very interesting many thanks

Lisa Hudd says:

As always, a very informative video. My pen was flying keeping notes!

I especially enjoyed the ending parts addressing good supplement use.

I hadn’t thought of Boswell in, but I will now!

Also, this reminded me to consider dosages of turmeric. I really want to take SAFM 101 as I feel this will give me much better ideas on food and supplement discussions.

Thank you!
    Lisa

Brenda Hurst says:

That blew my hair back! It was like Tracy on mach speed. I feel I can finally follow along in my brain with what she is saying, I just can write that fast, so I’ll be reviewing this video many times. (as I do all her videos:) A wonderful pearl for me today was: using undenatured type 2 collagen as a supplement for people with arthritis, especially rheumatoid, to train their immune system to tolerate cartilage which will calm the overreaction to their bodies own tissues. This along with Bosweilia and Curcumin supplementation to bring down inflammation. Oh, another pearl is that tumeric is high in oxalates! So valuable to know this. Thank you so much Tracy for all your work and dedication.

Yuliyana Nikolova says:

Hi,

as always it was a great talk with many clinical pearls.
    For me, the most surprising was the interconnectedness between the gallbladder and gout and the kidney stones.

Yuliyana

Marie Harrison says:

The clinical pearl I found most effective was the link between leaky gut, low hepcidin and low iron. I hadn’t even considered leaky gut as a cause of low iron. :o)

Anita says:

So many great points in this discussion. Too many people take pain medications daily without understanding the costs. I love that you mentioned things like gluten, dairy, nightshades, and oxalates. I have found these can cause problems in people with joint pain. I also liked the information about calcium and Vitamin D, K2, etc. Many people are taking calcium or Vitamin D without the necessary cofactors. I did too before I learned about that. I hope more and more people will understand their symptoms are a “wake up call” and do something about it before their problems get worse.

Sandy Anderson says:

I love your Facebook Lives Tracy–they’re always fun learning and so full of helpful pearls! I appreciated your discussion around cortisol and arthritis, and didn’t know that low cortisol is connected with rheumatoid arthritis, a key connection to remember. Also that Boswellia helps alleviate joint pain. Thank you for the awesome education! 🙂

Elaine Post says:

I did not realize the interconnectiveness of arthritis and the systemic dynamics that arthritis can be a wake up call for. Need to be more focused on the gut in patients with dis-ease and catch it up-stream. I did not realize our joints were like Eddies in the stream and places where the body has increased oxidative stress ! So much great information!

carlien hefer says:

High fructose diet ,> the liver gets overwhelmed with metabolizing the high fructose levels > body stores high fructose as fat in the liver – can lead to fatty liver. To support the liver, the body increases production of uric acid as an antioxidant . High uric acid precipitates out of blood into crystals causing gout.

Susan Harris says:

What i found most interesting was the decrease in ALP indicates increase need for zinc to decrease LPS in gut

Michele Duffy says:

Boswellia and curcumin- has not heard this one. Also oxalates…see many young people with recurrent kid stones…will be looking at gut in the future-thanks!!!

Michele Duffy says:

2 take-always today!! Well, really more but…adding boswellia to curcumin-has not heard of that yet. Also, comments about oxalates…I have seen an increase in kidney stones lately – mostly young men and repeats (28-35) Have not thought about the guy connection (don’t know why- think of it for most dis-ease). Thank you for the webinar today-always learn something!!!

Nancy Fain says:

Great info, thanks so much!
    My aha was that high vitamin D promotes hyper absorption of calcium, which can promote calcification of soft tissues.

Adrienne Markus says:

One of the many many things I found fascinating is to never ever underestimate the importance of the gall bladder!

Qlf says:

Thanks for this very informative session. Re: Calcium supplements, there are many arguments. Bottom line – what is the most safe and efficacious product and daily dose for bone health and osteoporosis prevention for older female adults – Calcium carbonate ? Calcium phosphate? With Vit D3? or D2? or Zinc? or magnesium ? Hope to learn more from the functional medicine perspective. Thanks.

Wendy Silva says:

I am always fascinated to see Tracy link everything back to the gut!

navigate comments 1 2 3 4 5