Detox Cleanse Myths & Truths

I am so excited to share this Facebook Live and THESE POWERFUL PEARLS of functional medicine with you.  At SAFM we teach our students to be both confident and highly skilled at “puzzle piecing” and finding the interconnectedness between pieces of each patient’s unique case.

In this presentation, I’ll share a few staples but also some unexpected connections which might surprise you!

Check out this video to get some clinical pearls you can use right away.  You’ll learn:

Powerful Pearls about Detoxifying

• Do you believe what “experts” say about your body detoxifying chemicals naturally and there’s nothing you can do (or have to do?) to make it work any faster or better?
  • What are common, hidden sources of toxins and chemicals
  • The role – and limitation – of “cleanses”
  • MTHFR hype and help: separating fact from fiction
  • When a focus on detox is not only misguided but dangerous
  • Why it’s so important to think and work “beyond the liver”

P.S. If you know that healthcare must be transformed to be sustainable and effective, and you believe strongly that Functional Medicine is key to making that happen, we urge you to learn about our semester program.

Like us on Facebook to get more great clinical tips and to get notifications of my next Facebook Live!

**Please note that the giveaway spoken about in this video expired on Apr 4, 2018.

180 Questions for “Detox Cleanse Myths & Truths”

Kelly says:

Thank you for the valuable information. The shiniest pearl I shucked from today was to detox slow and low. The foundation needs to set prior to detox or more harm than good may result. I’m just now starting to detox because I’ve been ill and I know it’s time to clean house and reset. After the discussion today, I’m going to more carefully plan a more effective and sustainable detox.

Linda Osmond says:

Thank you for everything you do! The reminder to access personal health before diving into detoxification and then the follow-up of listening to your body throughout the process was right on target. So appreciate the information and enthusiasm you bring to the field!!!

Kasey Smith says:

The importance of getting the lymphatic system moving and how vital proper hydration is to detoxification and health inspired me.

Mariette says:

I didn’t know that not sweating might be a sing of thyroid dysfunction! Good to learn this. I also liked the emphasis on the fact that are bodies are not all bad but pretty damn good at coping by themselves, sometimes with a bit of help. I really do think practitioners need to reinforce this with clients time and time again.

Debbie Owen says:

As ever Tracy. So many pearls in this. Thank you for sharing again!

Rachel says:

The many misconceptions about detoxification are rampant on both sides of the spectrum. Good for you Tracy for bringing clarity to the subject.

Stephanie says:

Thank you for clarifying so many of the myths that surround detoxification. This has really helped me feel like I have better language to explain this more fully and educate my family, friends and future clients. Thanks Tracy!

Johnny Bao says:

I appreciate better understanding the role of the liver in detox.

Cristy Murray says:

Interesting to learn about the affinity of certain heavy metals in specific organs/ tissue. Mercury loves fat
    Lead stored in bone tissues. Always good info.

Patricia Villasenor says:

Wow! I did not know that lead was stored
    in bone tissue!

Miranda Adani says:

I like when Tracy said that we must not just have an adequate but an “optimal” detox.

Rebekka Maestre says:

I couldn’t see the post I sent earlier, I hope it shows up! Lol
    Loved the pearls today, you’re wonderful

Krissy Barritt says:

I love the reminder to meet people where they are at.
    I think right now with everything going on, it’s really important to understand sometimes we’re only capable of so much right now.
    Some can dive right in and others need baby steps.
    Thank you!!!

Moirar Leveille says:

I’m so excited to be here.
    Can you recommend specific detox program

Csilla Bischoff says:

Hi Tracy,

I love your FB video classes. My take away from this class is that the liver needs nutrients and often clients eat a not so optimal diet and that simple common everyday foods have powerful phytonutrients that boost the enzymes that promote detoxification. This is what I always teach my clients.

Thank you!

Csilla

Kaliko says:

Thank you for sharing so generously! There are so many things I learned or was reminded of here, but one that I can take and implement immediately is being mindful of the fit of my clothes and bras for lymphatic movement. I know this will be new for most clients as well.