What am I Grateful for? You’ll be Surprised!

I am so excited to share this Facebook Live and THESE POWERFUL PEARLS of functional medicine with you.  At SAFM we teach our students to be both confident and highly skilled at “puzzle piecing” and finding the interconnectedness between pieces of each patient’s unique case.

With the Thanksgiving holiday just past here in the US, it’s a perfect opportunity to learn about some new tools to be grateful for – and celebrate – in supporting your patients and clients. Not the obvious ones, but the surprising ones, the shocking ones. They are a good reminder for all of us to keep a broad perspective and make use of a diverse toolbox (vs. a limited, overzealous one).  I am thankful for anything and everything that allows a unique person to make progress toward greater wellness.

Although you may already be a savvy practitioner, I am certain you will learn something new that you can apply right away in your practice. Here are some of the things we’ll be discussing:
  • Why I am grateful for specific, powerful pharmaceutical drugs
  • The healing power of fast food menu choices (yes!)
  • How a microwave oven can be a wellness breakthrough (huh?)
  • Why saying No! to a gym membership may be the most healing choice
  • Could television ads be the opportunity at last for your client to commit to healthier lifestyle choices (what?)
  • The soda I celebrate (are you surprised? it gets even better!)
  • and much more…

69 Questions for “What am I Grateful for? You’ll be Surprised!”

Sharron Hickman says:

The whole idea of learning to change habits should not be rushed or expected to happen overnight but in small, incremental, doable stages. This makes so much sense and doesn’t overwhelm client’s. I love doing this with people who are new to meditation, it’s surprises people how just 10-15 mins of soothing music can have such a relaxing & yet rejeuvinating effect when they are feeling stressed! Start with small steps, the perfect way to change! Thanks for another inspiring webinar Tracy!

Lucy Coppes says:

What I am grateful for is the fact that you are willing to share you knowledge with us. What I am also thankful for that you remind us to meet people where they are, to be a caring guide on a client’s healing journey and not to personally criticize other members of the healing community. Also the reminder that our society does not promote an environment of health and wellness and that a lot of our clients are STUCK….so don’t beat them up!

Marsue May says:

Thank you for another great session! Love your information on supplements. Hope to take your courses in 2019!

Chris Mclain says:

Grateful for the space to step back, to find the first step for each person. Grateful for all of the listeners able to share their tips for success. It’s a challenge to recall where I started! Thank you.

Lisa Kamont says:

I loved the reminder about being a relatable coach that meets clients where they’re at, not about the information we know but about how we can truly help and support our clients reach their goals at their own pace. Thank you for your ongoing inspiration!

sara mahan says:

I love listening to you talk. I always learn something new and feel inspired. I saw a practitioner in the past that was very knowledgeable, but didn’t give alternatives when it came to my habits. Even though she said she wasn’t judging I still felt “less-than”. I appreciate teaching the idea of meeting people where they are and celebrating their victories and baby steps. Thanks for all you do!

Sally says:

Whenever I listen to you talk Tracy, I get surprised. Surprised to learn something that I don’t know or that I was not aware of before. So really thank you for that.
    Today’s Facebook live surprised me immensely with many fun filled pearls. But one that will probably stick with me the most is : to meet your client where he/she is at. Work within their comfort zone. I do catch myself sometimes trying to push my client out of there too quickly. So thank you very much for highlighting that again. And I will definitely have a look at a squatty potty ???? Sounds very intriguing!
    Thanks again Tracey’s to you and your team!
    Best Sally x

Michelle Hanson says:

Thank you so much Tracy for this wonderful Facebook live. I love the great information about really meeting people where they are and making small attainable steps to meet their goals. I am so looking forward to taking your core 101 class in January!

Alison says:

Thank you for reminding me to begin where my clients are and to appreciate where they are and to celebrate baby steps

Lilla Guidi-Farkas says:

Thank You Tracy for so many valuable information and teachings. I am from Hungary where functional approach is yet in its baby shoes but it is progressing. I’d like to be one of those spreading these helpful information and helping people to heal. Thank you for that! Lilla????

michele says:

Meet clients where they are!!! Such a great reminder! Always want to quickly solve problems but baby steps work best. I also loved her recommendation about supplements and not to always push the most expensive. You are so right, even if they get a little benefit from a less expensive version, it’s better than no benefit. I think we have drilled in us that it’s the best or nothing!

Mercedes says:

I love the idea to ask the client to get all the information they can for the squatty potty.
    Thank you, thank you.

Robyn Johnson says:

I’m always so impressed and encouraged when Tracy talks about baby steps and beginner’s mind. Yes, I want to be able to address BIG issues, but it gives me confidence to hear how important it is to include and suggest the small things first. I’m super grateful for SAFM!

Veronica says:

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE everything you said. I resonated with so much! I appreciate you saying that we must meet clients where they are and not expect them to geek out with us, or even appreciate our knowledge. I especially love how you okayed us encouraging clients to find something healthy at McDonald’s and other fast food places. Thank you! I am praying really hard that I am a winner of one of your courses. 🙂 I have been following you for a couple years now, Tracy, and would so love to take one of your courses to see how they are. Thank you for your words of wisdom and sharing them simple things with us. Much to be grateful for!

Nicole Watling says:

I have been thinking about functional medicine to my practice for a long long time. So excited!

Andréa de Bonfim says:

It has been challenging help people go trough little steps! I always want to show my clients the whole way… and i have been learning … that it’s not the best…. I’m grateful for Tracy’s sharing about little steps … cause i have experienced it many times now in my practice … that if i give my clients huge steps, they stop! But if the step is easier, they start to enjoy they little victories, what is fundamental for them! So tankful to know and hear inspiring words in this afternoon! Tanks so much Tracy for your kind way to conduct this conversation!
    Love from Brazil!

jill zatyko says:

I am grateful for so many wonderful people that are willing to share their knowledge

Candi Kupris says:

Thank you for validating that it’s ok for a client to go to McDs if that is where they need to start. I loved that you challenged us not to be so self-righteous in our knowledge and beliefs. Valuing our clients for whatever steps, however small toward healthy changes is fundamental to achieving sustainable changes.

Sherri McHenry says:

What inspired me the most? The importance of meeting the clients where they are at without shame, perfection and a holier than thou attitude. We all start somewhere and PROGRESS is far more important that perfection and our bodies are way more resilient than we can ever imagine. Thank you Tracy, for generously sharing your wealth of information and helping to create competent and kind practitioners.

Debra Khan says:

I am grateful for all of Tracy’s webinars. I love how the smallest changes can make the biggest impacts overall. Little things should not be overlooked. Thank you for today!