I am so excited to share this Facebook Live and THESE POWERFUL PEARLS of functional medicine with you. At SAFM we honor that scientific knowledge is always evolving. That’s why we regularly revise our content in light of new research findings.

This information is CRITICAL for ALL practitioner modalities.

Are you confident in Why They Don’t Get Better as seen through the functional medicine lens?

Although you may already be a savvy practitioner, I am certain you will learn something new in this video. You’ll walk away with pages of notes and practical pearls you can use in your practice right away.

• Ah, the revolving door of gut imbalances … think beyond the GI tract and microbes this time.
  • When the true root cause of disease doesn’t even involve any anatomy?
  • Replacing medications with supplements is Not functional medicine. And often doesn’t address true root causes!
  • Its not about what actually happened; it’s about what you think happened?
  • The #1 overlooked, insidious root cause of recurring disease – that even savvy practitioners often miss.
  • Unexpected root causes in unexpected exposures.
  • You’ve got to go there: who are you sleeping with?
  • Are you suppressing the very thing most needed to promote healing?

Below, please find the first 16 minutes of this Facebook Live which was interrupted by a technical hiccup. Some powerful points covered here as well. Don’t miss out!

87 Questions for “Deep Dive on Why They Don’t Get Better: Unexpected, Practical Insights for Practitioners”

Iwona says:

While educating patients about the need to address their coping mechanisms to a daily stress, I am finding myself sometimes short in the are of tools. So Tracy`s talk about how we are in desire of being relaxed, happy , rested, to have a great digestion, great sex life … e.c.t. all Parasympathetic characteristics .
    Yet , we make choices of not healthy foods, not sleeping enough, keep having negative thoughts… witch they keep feeding Sympathetic Nervous System ! Simple and brilliant way of presenting this to patient !
    Thank you Tracy !:)
    I only did see 2 presentations but I have to see more ! So much good info !

Stephanie says:

This was another very informative SAFM talk by Tracy!! I am so grateful that she shares freely all her knowledge. So many great pearls as always — While I learned about the impact of childhood trauma in medical school, I don’t think it really ever clicked for me until hearing Tracy talk about it. PLUS, I never considered the possibility of a dog or cat sleeping on someone’s pillow or bed during the day!! And while I have heard the explanation for the importance of testing more than TSH multiple times and know this myself, Tracy’s explanation of the reasons for needing to test more were great – wish patients and conventional practitioners would listen to her explanation!

Tarrah Wynn says:

This was a very informative video for not only the work I do with clients, but also for myself. A great reminder to look deeper into reoccurring gut imbalances. We may be able to fool others, but our body is listening.

I did also really enjoy the conversation around trauma and the great examples of questions one could ask. Thank you for your wisdom and education Tracy.

Nancy Fain says:

Thyroid function dependent on liver health.

Melissa Lee says:

The most stand out pearl from this video was the concept of hyper-vigilance in the immune system! My husband sleeps with two cats and he has allergies to them for a while now. It seems like his allergy has gotten so much better but his sinuses are sensitive especially in the morning. This gives me insight as to suspect what’s going on… sensitivity to environmental toxins?

Mayada abu Aisheh says:

That was a very informative; powerful Facebook live, childhood trauma is often neglected when addressing any patient issue; I think this is very important as a link to any occurring body dysfunction; I love the idea how deep sleep should be addressed and looked at, we often say we slept well but actually sleep was not as deep as it should be. Stress management is key; I loved the idea how many of us may think they live comfortably but hold on a lot of stressful thoughts without even admitting it.
    Thank you Tracy.

Diana says:

I missed this post due to the link/being at work then forgot about it later! Bummer! But I still wanted to post; I think this video actually helps me remember something I heard in one of Tracy’s courses, or it was a open coaching call (which are the best!), but anyone with a chronic disease or symptom etc, you have to at some point ask them to entertain the question, “what are you not giving yourself that you truly need/desire/or want. ” Working in traditional medicine as a PA now for 13 years, people unfortunately hate to go there as they want a quick symptom relief, but it just doesn’t work that way, always…at least. The autoimmune conditions seem to be the most connected with some trauma/abuse, often in childhood. (Mercola has some great thoughts on this) Anyway, the big take away is that that mind/body connection is real and the practitioner’s therapeutic relationship is key to healing process of getting patient’s to ‘go there’ when ready, to create the shift they need.