The Power of Functional Medicine Interconnectedness

I am so excited to share this Facebook Live and THESE POWERFUL PEARLS of functional medicine with you.  At SAFM we teach our students to be both confident and highly skilled at “puzzle piecing” and finding the interconnectedness between pieces of each patient’s unique case. In this presentation, I’ll share a few staples but also a number of unexpected connections which will likely surprise you!

Check out this video to get some clinical pearls you can use in your practice right away.  You’ll learn:

• Example of unexpected connection in Arthritis, Autoimmune disease, and Type 2 diabetes (Ha – I bet you’re surprised!)
  • The Classic Mistake many practitioners are making about Rapid Relief and Root Causes (Are you doing it too?)
  • Most commonly missed impacts of medications
  • Alarming examples of where the typical remedy is actually making the disease process worse (Yes, worse)
  • Where to start when nothing seems to fit together?!? (Yep, we’ve all been there before)

Please add a comment below to share what most resonated with you in this video or feel free to ask a clarifying question. I am very interested in what you think.

Thanks very much for joining in the fun and learning!

If you are not yet a student of SAFM and have questions, you may find more information about the Core 101 Semester Program here.  Or click here and we can happily arrange for you to speak with an SAFM graduate about our program and how it may help you in your specific situation. SAFM is definitely not for everyone. But it may indeed be the next step you are looking for that will Change Everything!

215 Questions for “The Power of Functional Medicine Interconnectedness”

navigate comments1 2 3 11
    Stephanie Moniuk says:

I’m a Pain Specialist and as such, I see a lot of clients with joint pain. Your information about antibodies and joints was a real eye opener! I’d love to be able to incorporate Functional Medicine in my practice! Thank you Tracy!

Lisa Karlan says:

I love learning about the interconnectedness. Thank you. Every time I feel discouraged about pursuing health coaching as a career, I listen to you and feel inspired and excited to learn more. Thank you.

eliz. hurwitz says:

Wow, loved the session thank you. I was made aware of the catch 22 of medications in the longrun and how important the awareness is of their effect on vitamin/mineral loss in the body. Also, the digestive puzzle and importance of the gut towards health.

Martina Brüggemann says:

Such great content once again, thanks so much, Tracy!
    I particularly liked to hear the interconnectedness between K2 and the calcification process of soft tissues in case K2 is blocked by blood thinning medication.

Susan Payne says:

Thank you for all the information! I especially liked hearing about how insulin production
    can also be tied to hypothyroidism. Healing the gut seems to help heal so many other areas.

Lee Renee McGinnis says:

Thank you so much for the webinar today. I am an IIN graduate and and ICF PCC credentialed life and business coach. I have been on a personal journey of getting my own wellness on track after going through menopause and some severe stress this past year. I accidentally went to a functional medicine doctor, saw some major and immediate results and have been excited about functional medicine ever since. My plan is to work with women in their 40s and up to help them find health, wellness and learn to really thrive in this best time of life! It is much needed!!! I have listened to several of your webinars and have learned so much already! Today my big Aha was really to start with the major foundation issues – sleep, stress and crappy food, get the “corners” in place before we try to focus on the many puzzle pieces. The importance of making sure enough water is being ingested. Again, more reinforcement of what I already do know about sugar and how damaging it is. Also, the cause of the issue can be far away in distance and time from the symptoms. Honestly, everything was wonderful and informative. I have taken tons of notes! Thank you again!! Loved it!
    Lee McGinnis

Mary Delasantos says:

Oh my goodness, what I always enjoy the most is your enthusiasm; it makes everything even more interesting.
    I will be using the information you shared about modifying the diet around the drug and downstream negative effects; I have a client who will benefit from this information today.

Mary Koleva Comerce says:

What I enjoyed most about today’s video is learning more about gut health and thyroid function connection. I feel my Health Coaching Education so far has not equipped me with enough knowledge in this regard and I always grab every opportunity to learn more.

Leah Chischilly says:

I’m an acupuncturist and while I love Chinese medicine. Functional med is what speaks to me and I have patients currently that need more than acupuncture. I believe this is the thing.

The info you gave about insulin resistance was a huge lightbulb for me! I have two patients top of mind who I need to investigate further about potential IR. Also I believe my husbands high blood pressure has a lot to do with blood sugar! That alone was worth a million bucks!

Thanks for being so generous with the info you share!!

Amanda Cordero says:

So thankful for finding this school! I became a FNP to help people address their disease processes before they ended up in the hospital. Unfortunately, I’ve been very disappointed in the current medical model, it teaches you to identify signs and symptoms, diagnose and give a med! Never actually getting to the root cause of the disease process! I love today’s seminar where you discussed the effects of gut health. This is an area I would love to know more about since 2/3 of our immunity comes from the gut. Thank you for sharing this valuable knowledge and I look forward to learning more!

Susan Payne says:

Thank you for all the information! I love how you tie
    everything together, making those connections!

Bahnie Strand says:

I absolutely loved the way you described how functional medicine is like a puzzle. We need to know the whole story of an individual so we can put the pieces together, just like it would be very difficult to put a puzzle together without the picture to go by. Great analogy! Can’t wait to start your school!

Jen OKeefe says:

I loved hearing about the arthritis/possible gut connection! This is such a huge issue in today’s society! I will try the fish oil and curcumin advice!!! I would love to have a free semester to learn more about FM!

Sally Davidson says:

Tracey is this how to register to win the free course ? Cannot find it

Julie says:

The interconnectedness of the various systems is mind blowing and having the wisdom to know what to do first verses what can wait is scary. This is why I would LOVE to take the semester and continue learning. Right now I have a lot of fascinating pieces of the puzzle without the picture on the box!

Jeffery Wong says:

As my mom is currently diagnosed with Hypothyroidism, your talk on the adrenal glands and disconnectedness of the body with the adrenal glands and how that would affect hypothyroidism was especially enlightening.

Eddie Jimenez says:

I have been doing Health Coaching for 2 years now and after listening to you Today, you made realize how much more I can do for my clients. Even just by focusing on the most simplest factors like Sleep and Hydration. I just like the way you explained them, it makes soo much sense. I would love to apply this with my clients!

Eloise says:

So much insightful information. Gut information resonated the most with me. I’ve been learning a lot about leaky gut and your information on gut issues and healing resonated deeply

Sista Shai Email Hankins says:

Great info on basics to focus on basics for clients. Would love 2 win n b best student ever. More info on Diabetics found useful !!

Andrea Wien says:

I liked the analogies of the puzzle and the stream relating to “where to start” with a client and how antibody debris can get trapped in the joints. Easy to visualize and talk to clients in those terms! Thanks for the great video, Tracy!

navigate comments1 2 3 11